Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Matthew's 6th Birthday!

It seemed fitting to have Matthew's birthday, November 28th, fall on Thanksgiving this year.  We are so thankful for him!  Every year I find myself reflecting on my difficult pregnancy with him and health issues associated with it.  I was so thankful then, and continue to be, that we both survived that pregnancy, his birth went well, and I have been able to return to good health.  What a blessing children are and how grateful I am to have the ones I do.

Matthew was adorable as he opened each of his gifts.  He was genuinely excited for every little thing.  His wish list included things like more sidewalk chalk (hard to find in November), bubbles, and hot wheels cars!

 From G'ma & G'pa Warnick...
Matthew considers himself an artist, so he loved the art set they sent him.  He has used it almost everyday since his birthday!


 From G'ma & G'pa Goates...
 little boys and their toys...I think everyone wanted to (and did) try out this one.

 Even though it was really cold, he had to try out his new bubbles!

 And chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and vanilla ice cream to top it all off (and since it was Thanksgiving you could also choose pumpkin pie if you wanted!)


 So simple.  Childhood is magical...my little boy - it all depends on his big cardboard box!  (My parents gave Matthew a book a few years ago entitled Little Boy.  It is Matthew's favorite book, he even memorized it.  It is all about the adventures and imagination of a little boy who made this big cardboard box into whatever he wanted to be for the day.)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Matthew! I can't believe how big you are getting. I love that top right picture. That face is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete